Coding 4 Kids with Scratch
Are you ready to start playing with code? We will be using a variety of software development techniques to introduce drag and drop tools designed to teach programming using MIT’s Scratch coding platform. This program will feature fun coding activities where we program games, animations, and make our own music. Our instructors will share the basics of software development in an entertaining and sophisticated, yet easy to learn environment. Participants should be comfortable using keyboards or touchscreen to read and follow instructions.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Learn about programming and how coding can be used to solve puzzles and complex problems
- Learn to design and build game features with code blocks
- Understand how to use drag and drop tools within Scratch and Code.org
- Understand the basic principles of coding with block-based programming tools
- Use drag and drop tools to design and program projects
Projects and Activities
- Complete puzzles using code & programming to complete solutions
- Create algorithms and control digital agents to create solutions with code
- Find and fix errors
- Navigate different worlds using programming to reach the end and solve problems
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
More Information About This Camp
Topics and Skills Covered
- Block-based coding
- Code-based problem solving
- Coding & programming
- Coding concepts
- Coding solutions
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Critical thinking
- Drag and drop code tools
- Game programming
- Introduction to coding
- Iterative design
- Problem solving
- Puzzle solving
- Scope and scale
- Scratch coding
- Time management
Cool & Funny Things
- Learn how to code and make your own animations and games.
- Solve puzzles and complex problems with technology.
- Play with cool drag-and-drop tools and code blocks.
- Make new friends and work on projects together.
- Show off your coding skills to family and friends.
- Discover the magic of technology and how it can change the world.
- Have fun and play games while learning something new.
- Be a part of the next generation of tech wizards.
- Get a head start on a potential future career in tech.
- And the super cool part? You get to unleash your creativity and imagination by designing and programming your own digital world! 🌎💫
Careers That Relate to This Camp
- Web development and design.
- Mobile application development.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Cybersecurity and network administration.
- Data analysis and management.
- Robotics and automation.
- Internet of Things (IoT) development.
- Virtual and augmented reality development.
- Business and financial technology (fintech).
- Health technology and digital medicine.