THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE CAMP EXPERIENCE
Are you ready to start playing with code? We will be using a variety of software development techniques to introduce drag and drop tools designed to teach programming using MIT’s Scratch coding platform. This program will feature fun coding activities where we program games, animations, and make our own music. Our instructors will share the basics of software development in an entertaining and sophisticated, yet easy to learn environment. Participants should be comfortable using keyboards or touchscreen to read and follow instructions.
- Learn about programming and how coding can be used to solve puzzles and complex problems
- Learn to design and build game features with code blocks
- Understand how to use drag and drop tools within Scratch and Code.org
- Understand the basic principles of coding with block-based programming tools
- Use drag and drop tools to design and program projects
- Complete puzzles using code & programming to complete solutions
- Create algorithms and control digital agents to create solutions with code
- Find and fix errors
- Navigate different worlds using programming to reach the end and solve problems
- Block-based coding
- Code-based problem solving
- Coding & programming
- Coding concepts
- Coding solutions
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Critical thinking
- Drag and drop code tools
- Game programming
- Introduction to coding
- Iterative design
- Problem solving
- Puzzle solving
- Scope and scale
- Scratch coding
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Web development and design.
- Mobile application development.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Cybersecurity and network administration.
- Data analysis and management.
- Robotics and automation.
- Internet of Things (IoT) development.
- Virtual and augmented reality development.
- Business and financial technology (fintech).
- Health technology and digital medicine.
- Programming basics and how coding can be used to solve puzzles and complex problems.
- Designing and building game features with code blocks.
- Using drag-and-drop tools in Scratch and Code.org.
- Basic principles of coding with block-based programming tools.
- Designing and programming projects using drag-and-drop tools.
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.
- Understanding how to use technology to create animations and games.
- Hands-on experience in coding and designing projects.
- Collaborating with other kids on coding projects.
- Developing a passion for technology and an understanding of its potential impact on the world.
- Learn how to code and make your own animations and games.
- Solve puzzles and complex problems with technology.
- Play with cool drag-and-drop tools and code blocks.
- Make new friends and work on projects together.
- Show off your coding skills to family and friends.
- Discover the magic of technology and how it can change the world.
- Have fun and play games while learning something new.
- Be a part of the next generation of tech wizards.
- Get a head start on a potential future career in tech.
- And the super cool part? You get to unleash your creativity and imagination by designing and programming your own digital world! 🌎💫
Coding 4 Kids with Scratch FAQ
Q. What is Coding 4 Kids with Scratch camp?
A. Coding 4 Kids with Scratch is a summer camp program offered by Fleming Tech Camps that teaches kids the basics of coding and computer programming. The camp uses block-based programming tools such as Scratch and Code.org to help kids design and build games, animations, and other projects.
Q. Who is this camp for?
A. This camp is for kids entering 2nd to 4th grade who are interested in learning about technology and coding. No prior experience is required, and the camp is designed to be accessible and fun for all kids.
Q. What will kids learn at this camp?
A. At this camp, kids will learn about programming and how coding can be used to solve puzzles and complex problems. They will also learn how to design and build game features with code blocks, and how to use drag-and-drop tools in Scratch and Code.org. Additionally, they will understand the basic principles of coding with block-based programming tools and use drag-and-drop tools to design and program projects.
Q. Is this camp only for kids who want to work in the video game industry?
A. No, this camp is not just for kids who want to work in the video game industry. While kids will have the opportunity to design and build games, they will also learn valuable skills that can be applied to a variety of fields, including web development, mobile application development, and data analysis.
Q. Are there any discounts available for families with multiple children attending the camp?
A. Yes, there are discounts available for families with multiple children attending the camp. Please contact Fleming Tech Camps for more information.