THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
This game design program focuses on building a 2D game using Game Maker. For beginners, you can use block-based programming to customize your creations in game. More experienced participants can try out the integrated scripting language. Highlights include the use of a hands-on game design lab where participants design, customize, construct and test their creations. No coding experience necessary, beginners should be familiar with computer use.
- Gain experience with the Game Maker language
- Learn the Game Maker IDE to create custom programming
- Learn to use create simple games and program things like controls
- Understand how to build your own video game with Game Maker and learn how to publish it
- Develop several 2D games
- Publish your project & review other games using constructive feedback to create more refined games
- Use Game Maker software to create your own video games
- Use templates to start building your own creation
- Adventure level design
- Building design
- Character creation
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Critical thinking
- Encounter generation
- Environmental storytelling
- Game design principles
- Game Maker Language
- Game testing
- Introduction to 2D game design principles
- Introduction to Game Maker
- Iterative design
- Level design
- Platform level design
- Problem solving
- Puzzle design
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Game Maker
- Software development
- Mobile application development
- Web development
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Data analysis and visualization
- Robotics and automation
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Cloud computing
- Internet of Things (IoT) development
- Game Maker language and IDE
- Custom programming
- Building simple games
- Programming controls
- Game design
- Creative imagination
- Technical skills for game development
- Process of creating a game from start to finish
- Understanding how to build a video game
- Appreciation for the process of game development
Top 10 Reasons Why Coding Games with Game Maker is the Coolest Summer Camp Ever!
- You get to be a game developer and build your own video games!
- You’ll learn how to program things like controls and make your games even more awesome.
- You’ll be part of a group of kids who love video games and coding just like you!
- You’ll get to use your imagination and creativity to bring your game ideas to life.
- You’ll learn about game design and the process of creating a game from start to finish.
- You’ll have fun playing the games you and your friends create.
- You’ll get to show off your cool new skills to your friends and family.
- You’ll learn new technical skills and have a great time doing it.
- You’ll have a newfound appreciation for the process of game development.
- And the coolest part? You’ll get to say you’re a video game developer!
Q: What is Coding Games with Game Maker?
A: Coding Games with Game Maker is a summer camp program offered by Fleming Tech Camps that teaches kids about game development using the Game Maker language and IDE.
Q: Who is this camp for?
A: This camp is designed for children entering 4th to 10th grade who are interested in coding and video games, and who are looking for a fun and educational summer activity.
Q: What will kids learn at this camp?
A: Kids will learn about the Game Maker language and IDE, custom programming, building simple games, programming controls, game design, and the process of creating a game from start to finish.
Q: What is the format of the camp?
A: The camp is designed to be hands-on and engaging, giving kids the opportunity to actually build and program their own games.
Q: What is the age range for the camp?
A: The age range for the camp is entering 4th to 10th grade.
Q: What should kids bring to the camp?
A: Kids should bring their imagination and creativity, as well as any necessary personal items. All equipment and supplies needed for the camp will be provided.
Q: How can I sign up for the camp?
A: You can sign up for the camp by visiting the Fleming Tech Camps website.
Q: Who can I contact if I have more questions about the camp?
A: You can contact Fleming Tech Camps at email@example.com for more information.