THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE CAMP EXPERIENCE
Are you ready to design your own comics? In Comic Book Art & Storytelling 4 Kids we’ll learn how to lay out comics just like Marvel or DC. Create amazing action scenes, splash pages and panels, and design your own unique stories like a real comic book artist.
- Learn how to lay out comic strips
- Get experience designing characters from scratch
- Understand what goes into the development process for creating comics
- Learn to combine both traditional art and digital art together
- Review various art tools and use them to create exciting comic art projects
- Create a digital portfolio of your artwork
- Create fun and inspiring art projects using a computer
- Develop ideas for your own creative work
- Share & review other work using constructive feedback
- Use digital tools to express yourself
- 2D digital art
- 2D pixel art
- 3D design
- 3D digital art
- Blended medium design
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Creative expression
- Cross medium design
- Digital art design
- Digital art techniques
- Digital art tools
- Digital painting/drawing
- Exploration of digital possibilities
- Iterative design
- Personal expression
- Portfolio creation
- Project management
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Apple Pencil / stylus
- Comic Book Illustrator
- Comic Book Writer
- Graphic Novelist
- Children’s Book Illustrator
- Storyboard Artist
- Advertising Illustrator
- Concept Artist
- Character Designer
- Comic Book Colorist
- Comic Book Letterer
- Understanding the layout of comic strips
- Character design and development
- How to combine traditional and digital art techniques
- Basic storytelling techniques for comic books
- The creative process of creating a comic book
- The use of iPads and Procreate
- How to collaborate with others on group projects
- The history and evolution of comic book art
- How to create dynamic and engaging characters and storylines
- The importance of storytelling in the creation of comic books and how to tell your own story through the medium
- You’ll Love Learning How to Make Your Own Comics at Fleming Tech Camps!
- You’ll Never Want to Put Your Pencil or Tablet Down at This Summer Camp!
- You’ll Be the Coolest Kid in School When You Show Off Your Comic Book Creations!
- You’ll Create Epic Comic Book Characters That Will Impress Your Friends and Family!
- This Summer Camp Will Be the Most Fun and Creative Experience of Your Life!
- This Summer Camp Will Help You Improve Your Drawing Skills and Imagination!
- You’ll Get to Live Out Your Comic Book Dreams at Fleming Tech Camps!
- You’ll Make Lifelong Friends and Have Tons of Fun at This Summer Camp!
- You’ll Be Able to Wow Your Teachers and Parents With Your New Comic Book Skills!
- You’ll Get to Learn How to Create Your Own Epic Comic Book Adventure!
Q1. What is Comic Book Art & Storytelling for Kids Summer Camp?
A: Comic Book Art & Storytelling for Kids Summer Camp is a summer program offered by Fleming Tech Camps that teaches children how to create comic books using both traditional and digital art techniques.
Q2. What age range is the camp for?
A: The camp is designed for kids entering 2nd to 4th grade
Q3. What will kids learn at the camp?
A: Kids will learn how to lay out comic strips, design characters, develop storylines, and use various art tools to bring their comic book creations to life. They will also learn about the history and evolution of comic book art and get hands-on experience in the creative process of creating comics.
Q4. What skills do kids need to participate in the camp?
A: Kids do not need prior experience in comic book art or storytelling to participate in the camp. The camp is designed to be fun and educational for kids of all skill levels.
Q5. What tools and materials will be provided at the camp?
A: The camp will provide kids with iPad and stylus
Q6. How long is the camp and when is it offered?
A: The camp is typically one week long and offered during the summer months. Specific dates and locations can be found on the Fleming Tech Camps website.
Q7. Who will be teaching the camp?
A: The camp will be taught by experienced comic book artists and storytellers who have a passion for educating and inspiring kids to create their own comic books.
Q8. What kind of projects will kids work on during the camp?
A: Kids will work on a variety of projects, including creating comic strips, designing characters, developing storylines, and combining traditional and digital art techniques to bring their comic book creations to life.
Q9. Will kids get to take home their comic book creations after the camp?
A: Yes, kids will be able to take home their comic book creations after the camp as a keepsake of their experience.
Q10. How can I sign my child up for the Comic Book Art & Storytelling for Kids Summer Camp?
A: To sign up for the camp, simply visit the Fleming Tech Camps website and follow the registration process. Space is limited, so sign up now to secure your spot!