THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE CAMP EXPERIENCE
Have you ever wanted to be a fashion designer? In this program, you will learn the ins and outs about fashion design and use your creativity to design your own set of clothes using cutting-edge software. You will learn about the fashion industry and what it takes to bring your creations to the next level. No prior experience is necessary. All skill levels are welcome.
- Learn to define and provide examples of form, fit and function
- Learn how to create your own style that is unique
- Learn how to digitally develop clothing
- Learn how to use Tailornova fashion software
- Review the steps it takes to become a fashion designer
- Understand the basic principles of fashion design
- Digitally designing at least two sets of outfits
- Practice ideas such as form, fit, and function in design
- Share & review fashions using constructive feedback techniques
- Use digital tools to create your own personal style
- Clothing design
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Creative expression
- Digital art design
- Digital art techniques
- Digital art tools
- Digital design tools
- Form, fit and function
- Importing/Exporting files
- Iterative design
- Scope and scale
- Style, design and aesthetic principles
- Tailornova software
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Croquis and patterns shared for course
- Fashion designer
- Technical designer
- Textile designer
- Apparel production manager
- Fashion stylist
- Fashion journalist
- Costume designer
- Fashion illustrator
- Fashion merchandiser
- Fashion marketer
- Key elements of fashion design, including form, fit, and function.
- How to create their own unique styles using different design techniques and elements.
- How to digitally develop clothing using industry-standard software like Tailornova.
- Color theory and how to choose the right colors for their designs.
- Basic principles of fashion design, including fabric types, design elements, and more.
- Steps to become a fashion designer and career paths in the fashion industry.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills as they work with other campers to complete projects.
- Creative problem-solving as they tackle design challenges and come up with innovative solutions.
- Technical skills related to digital design software and hardware.
- Confidence in their abilities and a deeper understanding of the fashion design process.
- You’ll learn how to digitally design your own clothes!
- You can impress your friends with your new fashion skills and create unique clothes for them, too!
- You’ll work with fun and experienced instructors who are passionate about fashion and technology.
- You’ll get to experiment with different design techniques and elements to develop your own creative vision.
- You’ll learn about color theory and how to choose the right colors for your designs.
- You’ll gain valuable skills and knowledge that can help you pursue a career in fashion design or related fields.
- You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other creative and fun campers to bring your designs to life.
- You’ll learn about the basic principles of fashion design, including fabric types, design elements, and more.
- You’ll get to use industry-standard software like Tailornova, just like the pros!
- And the number one reason why Digital Fashion Design camp is super cool – you’ll get to create your own fashion line and show off your designs at a fashion show!
Q: Who is Digital Fashion Design camp for?
A: Digital Fashion Design camp is designed for students who are interested in fashion and technology and want to learn how to create their own unique clothing designs using industry-standard software.
Q: What age group is the camp for?
A: The camp is open to students in grades 4-10.
Q: What will campers learn at Digital Fashion Design camp?
A: Campers will learn the key elements of fashion design, how to create their own unique styles, and how to digitally develop clothing using Tailornova fashion software. They’ll also learn about the basic principles of fashion design, including color theory, fabric types, design elements, and more.
Q: Do campers need to have any prior experience with fashion design or digital design software?
A: No prior experience is required – the camp is open to students of all experience levels, from beginners to advanced students.
Q: What kind of activities will campers participate in at Digital Fashion Design camp?
A: Campers will work on a variety of activities, including digital design projects, experiments with different design techniques, and developing their own unique clothing designs.
Q: What are the qualifications of the camp instructors?
A: Instructors at Digital Fashion Design camp are experienced professionals in the fields of fashion design and technology. They are passionate about sharing their knowledge and helping campers develop their skills in these exciting fields.
Q: How can I register for Digital Fashion Design camp?
A: Registration is available on the Fleming Tech Camps website, at FlemingCamps.com.