THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Have you ever wanted to make a movie? Do you wonder what roles are involved in creating a video? In this program, you’ll learn how to make your very own videos from start to finish and learn how to share them with family and friends. With an iPad participants will learn to create short skits and scenes with iMovie. The program will focus on basic film-making skills, how to direct and edit video scenes, as well as provide an introduction to acting.
- Film cool and exciting videos
- Learn about the roles in producing a movie
- Learn basic concepts about editing videos
- Learn how to create titles and add scenes to your videos
- Learn how to compose videos
- Learn the basics of acting in front of a camera
- Acquire props and create sets to act with
- Create several scenes then act them out
- Film and edit a movie
- Generate storyboards to outline content
- Share & review content using constructive feedback
- Basic lighting
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Content development
- Editing digital video
- Filmmaking process
- Iterative design
- Problem solving
- Prop making
- Publishing content
- Scope and scale
- Set design
- Time management
- Video direction
- Video post-production
- Video pre-production
Primary Computer Device:
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Notes:Tablet Users May have a better experience
if they have a second device for video conferencing
- Film director
- Film editor
- Sound designer
- Visual effects artist
- Production designer
- Film producer
- Acting professional
- Camera operator
- Gaffer (lighting technician)
- Grip (camera support technician)
- Costume designer
- Makeup artist
- Stunt performer
- Drone operator
- Animation and motion graphics artist
- Visual effects supervisor
- Sound mixer
- Film and video equipment technician
- Basic concepts of video editing, including creating titles, adding scenes, and composing shots.
- Roles involved in movie production, such as the director and sound engineer.
- Hands-on experience with filming and editing their own short movie.
- Basics of acting in front of a camera and using body language and facial expressions to convey emotion.
- Storytelling skills and how to bring their own unique vision to life.
- The importance of collaboration and teamwork in movie production.
- The technical side of movie production, including lighting, sound, and special effects.
- The creative process of filmmaking and how to bring their ideas to life.
- Building confidence in their abilities and developing a lifelong love for filmmaking.
- A solid foundation in the basics of filmmaking and video editing that can be used to pursue further education or career opportunities.
- Top 10 Reasons to Join Digital Movies: Filming and Editing Your First Video at Fleming Tech Camps:
- You’ll learn how to make your own mini-movies and make them look like real Hollywood blockbusters!
- You’ll become a pro at using cool editing software and adding special effects that will make your friends say, “Wow!”
- You’ll get to be the star of your own movie and show off your acting skills.
- You’ll learn how to use your body language and facial expressions to tell a story and make people feel emotions.
- You’ll get to work with real movie cameras and sound equipment, just like the pros!
- You’ll learn about all the different jobs it takes to make a movie, from the director to the sound engineer.
- You’ll make new friends who love movies as much as you do!
- You’ll get to see your own movie on the big screen at the end-of-camp screening!
- You’ll have so much fun making movies, you won’t even realize you’re learning!
- And the number one reason to join Digital Movies: Filming and Editing Your First Video at Fleming Tech Camps…you’ll become a certified movie-making machine and be ready to take on the world of filmmaking!
Frequently Asked Questions about Digital Movies: Filming and Editing Your First Video at Fleming Tech Camps:
Q. What is Digital Movies: Filming and Editing Your First Video about?
A. Digital Movies: Filming and Editing Your First Video is a summer camp program that teaches kids the basics of movie production, editing, and acting. Students will have the opportunity to film their own short movie and work with experienced instructors to edit it into a final product.
Q. Who is this camp suitable for?
A. This camp is suitable for kids entering 2nd to 4th grade who are interested in filmmaking and want to learn the latest techniques and technologies. No prior experience is necessary, just a love for movies and a willingness to learn and have fun.
Q. What will I learn at this camp?
A. You will learn about the various roles involved in movie production, the basics of video editing, and how to act in front of a camera. You’ll also get to film your own short movie and work with experienced instructors to edit it into a final product.
Q. Can I keep the movie I create at the camp?
A. Yes, students will receive a digital copy of the movie they create at the camp.