THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
This Minecraft esports program is similar to LEGO First robotics, and other academic competition clubs, and offers a new way to challenge players. In this esports program, competitors will be tasked with analyzing and solving complex science & engineering problems and using Minecraft to demonstrate their solutions. Teams will compete against each other by building & coding academic solutions within Minecraft Education Edition. However, like a traditional game competition, teams must also play offense & defense, sending out scouts to interrupt their competitors.
- Explore organizational strategies to use when competing against other teams
- Learn to be a member of a team to solve STEM and academic problems
- Learn to solve competitive building problems
- Learn to use game design, coding and engineering to solve problems
- Build within a time limit to fulfill different goals and compete against other teams
- Develop solutions that use a combination of structure design and engineering
- Solve STEM problems using a combination of game design, coding and engineering
- Use strategy to compete offensively and defensively in an academic setting
- Building design
- Coding & programming
- Collaboration and communication
- Critical thinking
- Engineering-based problem-solving
- eSports etiquette and rules
- Intro to game design
- Iterative design
- Minecraft design
- Minecraft construction
- Problem solving
- PvP competitions
- Scope and scale
- Team-based competition
- Team tactics & strategies
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
- or iPad
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Minecraft Education Edition
- Civil engineer
- Computer programmer
- Graphic designer
- Electrical engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Video game designer
- Project manager
- IT technician
- Data analyst
- Collaboration skills as they work in teams to solve competitive building problems
- Organizational strategies to use when competing against other teams
- Coding skills through hands-on experience with Minecraft
- Game design skills to create their own challenges and maps in Minecraft
- Engineering skills as they learn to build complex structures in Minecraft
- Problem-solving skills as they tackle a variety of challenges in the game
- Valuable technical skills that are becoming increasingly important in our digital age
- The importance of working together to achieve a common goal
- Creative thinking as they come up with unique solutions to challenges
- A passion for STEM subjects and a love of learning through an engaging and fun summer camp experience
- Top 10 Things You’ll Love About Fleming Tech Camps’ Esports: Minecraft STEM Battles
- You get to build and create amazing things in Minecraft with your friends!
- You’ll learn super cool coding skills that you can use to make your own video games!
- You’ll discover the magic of engineering and how to make things work in real life!
- You’ll tackle exciting building challenges and learn how to solve problems creatively!
- You’ll work in teams and make new friends who love video games and coding just like you!
- You’ll discover how to be a leader and help your team win in exciting Minecraft competitions!
- You’ll learn how to use your organizational skills to beat other teams and win big!
- You’ll get a taste of what it’s like to be a video game designer or computer programmer!
- You’ll learn how to solve STEM problems and be a problem-solving superhero!
- And the super cool #1 thing you’ll love about Fleming Tech Camps’ Esports: Minecraft STEM Battles is…You’ll have so much fun that you won’t even realize you’re learning valuable skills that will help you in school and in your future career!
Q: What is Esports: Minecraft STEM Battles summer camp program?
A: Esports: Minecraft STEM Battles is a summer camp program that combines the excitement of video games with the educational benefits of STEM learning. Participants work in teams to solve competitive building problems using game design, coding, and engineering.
Q: What is the age range for the camp?
A: The camp is designed for children entering 4th to 10th grades.
Q: What skills will my child learn at the camp?
A: Participants in the Esports: Minecraft STEM Battles program will develop skills in collaboration, problem-solving, game design, coding, engineering, and organizational strategies.
Q: Will my child need to have experience with Minecraft or coding?
A: No prior experience is necessary. The program is designed to be inclusive and accessible to all skill levels.
Q: How can I register my child for the camp?
A: Visit FlemingCamps.com to register online or find contact information for our team to assist you in the registration process.