THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE CAMP EXPERIENCE
Calling all Dungeon Masters and RPG fans! Participants will work with web-based software such as Roll20 to build and run their own complex adventures & role playing worlds with other players. Highlights include the use of a hands-on game design lab where you will design, customize, construct and test your encounters & campaigns. This program is for participants who love playing RPG video games, D&D and want to learn how to create their own adventures. In this camp you will learn how to build RPGs with the end goal to provide you with tools to become a seasoned role-player, Dungeon Master (DM), and game designer.
- Become a dungeon master and make your own RPG encounters
- Learn what goes into character creation & roleplay
- Take turns in the Dungeon Master seat to run encounters and roleplay events
- Develop your own maps, puzzles, and events to try with other players
- Learn about all of the available resources to help you become a dungeon master
- Develop games and characters appropriate for a shared setting
- Create your own encounters and maps of varying complexity to share
- Run your own tabletop games digitally
- Roleplay & powergame in a shared setting
- Share & collaborate using constructive feedback to produce high quality experiences
- Introduction to game design principles
- Review of the role playing games
- Map design
- Review of D&D
- Character creation
- Encounter generation
- Dungeon Mastering
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
- or iPad with iOS 10 or higher
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Event Planner
- Marketing and Advertising
- Film and Video Production
- Graphic Designer
- Game Designer
- Project Manager
- Community Manager
- Become a dungeon master and create their own RPG encounters.
- Learn the basics of character creation and roleplay.
- Take turns in the Dungeon Master seat to run encounters and roleplay events.
- Develop skills in map design and puzzle creation.
- Learn how to work with other players to create immersive D&D adventures.
- Understand the resources available to support dungeon mastering.
- Gain experience in storytelling and critical thinking.
- Develop their confidence and leadership skills.
- Learn about teamwork and collaboration through roleplaying games.
- Have fun and make new friends in a supportive and exciting environment.
- You get to be a dungeon master and create your own epic adventures!
- You’ll make new friends who share your love of RPGs.
- You’ll learn how to design cool maps, puzzles and events that will challenge your players.
- You’ll become a pro at character creation and roleplaying.
- You’ll get to take turns being the dungeon master and run the game for your friends!
- You’ll learn about all the amazing resources available to make your D&D game even better.
- You’ll get to be part of a community of RPG enthusiasts.
- You’ll get to show off your D&D skills in a final game for family and friends!
- You’ll develop your storytelling and critical thinking skills.
- And the coolest part? You’ll get to immerse yourself in a world of magic, adventure and fun!
Q: What is Intro to Dungeons & Dragons: Roll20 Summer Camp?
A: It is a summer camp offered by Fleming Tech Camps that teaches kids about the world of roleplaying games, specifically Dungeons & Dragons.
Q: Who can participate in the camp?
A: The camp is designed for kids going into 4th to 10th grade who are interested in D&D and RPGs.
Q: What activities will kids be doing in the camp?
A: Kids will learn about dungeon mastering, character creation and roleplaying, map design, puzzle creation and more. They will take turns in the Dungeon Master seat and run encounters, and have the opportunity to host a final game for friends and family.
Q: Is prior knowledge of Dungeons & Dragons required?
A: No prior knowledge is required. The camp will cover all the basics of D&D and RPGs.
Q: What will kids learn in the camp?
A: Kids will learn about dungeon mastering, character creation, roleplaying, map design, puzzle creation, storytelling and critical thinking. They will also learn about the available resources to support dungeon mastering.
Q: Are there any prerequisites for the camp?
A: No, there are no prerequisites for the camp.
Q: What equipment is required for the camp?
A: The camp will provide all necessary equipment, but kids are encouraged to bring their own D&D dice if they have them.
Q: What equipment should kids bring to the camp?
A: Kids should bring a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, their imagination, and any personal D&D dice they have. All other equipment will be provided by the camp.