THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE CAMP EXPERIENCE
If you love Legos and Minecraft then this camp is for you. Work with other Minecrafters to design, craft and build amazing Minecraft Lego Biomes. You’ll work in teams to build an exciting Minecraft World with minecarts, caves, castles, traps and machines. In addition to building a Minecraft inspired world you’ll also explore introductory engineering concepts with LEGO’s Simple and Powered Machines.
- Learn to construct LEGO Minecraft Worlds
- Learn basic engineering
- Learn how motors work – using Lego Simple and Powered Machines
- Work on progressively more difficulty challenges to increase engineering skills
- Build LEGO Machines
- Build various projects with LEGOS
- Build Levels
- Build Wheels and Axel
- Build Pulleys
- Build Cool Minecraft Worlds
- Problem solving
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Critical thinking
- Engineering-based problem-solving
- Iterative design
- Problem solving
- Scope and scale
- Time management
- LEGO Simple and Powered Machines
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
- or iPad
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- LEGO Simple and Powered Machines
1.Robotics Engineer – involves designing, building and programming robots for a variety of purposes
2.Civil Engineer – involves designing and building infrastructure such as bridges, buildings, and roads
3.Mechanical Engineer – involves designing, building and testing machines and mechanical systems
4.Architecture – involves designing and planning buildings and other structures
5.Industrial Designer – involves designing and creating products, such as furniture or electronics, that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing
6.Product Manager – involves overseeing the development, marketing, and sales of a product or product line
7.Construction Project Manager – involves overseeing the planning, design, and construction of building projects
8.Electrical Engineer – involves designing and developing electrical systems and devices
9.Software Engineer – involves designing and developing software programs and applications for a variety of purposes
10.Materials Scientist – involves researching and developing new materials for a variety of applications, such as electronics or construction.
1. Basic engineering principles and concepts
2. How to construct their own LEGO Minecraft worlds
3. How to work with simple and powered machines
4. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
5. Teamwork and collaboration with peers and camp counselors
6. Creativity and imagination through building and designing LEGO structures
7. Motor skills and dexterity through assembling and manipulating LEGO pieces
8. Effective communication and presentation skills through sharing and presenting their builds
9. Self-confidence and self-esteem through achieving progressively more difficult challenges
10. Time management and organization skills through planning and executing complex builds within a limited timeframe.
1. You get to build your own Minecraft world using LEGO bricks!
2. You’ll learn how to create simple and powered machines that really work!
3. You’ll become a master builder and create amazing structures that you never thought possible!
4. You’ll get to team up with your new friends and have fun working together on your builds!
5. You’ll develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills while working on challenging tasks!
6. You’ll learn the basic engineering principles and concepts that will help you in your future career!
7. You’ll build confidence and self-esteem by taking on progressively more difficult challenges!
8. You’ll exercise your creativity and imagination while building unique and amazing structures!
9. You’ll develop communication and presentation skills while sharing your builds with others!
10. The super cool thing about this camp is that you’ll have a blast while learning new things and making new friends that you’ll remember forever!
Q: What age range is this camp for?
A: This camp is designed for kids entering 2nd to 4th grades.
Q: Do kids need to have any prior experience with LEGO or Minecraft?
A: No, prior experience with either LEGO or Minecraft is not necessary. The camp is designed to introduce kids to basic engineering principles and concepts while having fun building and creating with LEGO bricks.
Q: What will kids be doing at the camp?
A: Kids will learn how to construct LEGO Minecraft worlds, learn basic engineering, and work with simple and powered machines. They will work on progressively more difficult challenges to increase their engineering skills and will also have opportunities to build and create their own unique structures.
Q: What should kids bring to camp?
A: Kids should bring a water bottle, comfortable clothing, and closed-toe shoes. All LEGO materials will be provided.
Q: What are the learning objectives of the camp?
A: The learning objectives of the camp include learning basic engineering, construction of LEGO Minecraft Worlds, understanding how motors work using LEGO Simple and Powered Machines, and working on progressively more difficulty challenges to increase engineering skills.
Q: What is the cost of the camp?
A: The cost of the camp varies by location and program length. Visit the Fleming Tech Camps website for specific pricing information.
Q: How can I sign my child up for the camp?
A: You can sign up for the camp online at the Fleming Tech Camps website.