THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Take your passion for LEGOs and your imagination to the next level, as you work with a team to build the ultimate sci-fi masterpiece! Imagine the possibilities when you and fellow “padawans” embark on a secret mission to become intergalactic block masters. In addition to building amazing sci-fi inspired LEGO® starships, machines and vehicles you’ll also explore introductory engineering concepts with LEGO’s Simple and Powered Machines.
- Learn to construct LEGO Space Ships, machines, and vehicles
- Learn how motors work using Simple and Power Machines
- Working on progressively more difficulty challenges to increase your engineering skills
- In small teams, work to build Star Wars ships
- Learn basic engineering skills with the Lego Engineering Kit
- Build LEGO Machines
- Build various projects with LEGOS
- Build Levels
- Build Wheels and Axel
- Build Pulleys
- Build Cool Star Wars Ships
- Problem solving
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Critical thinking
- Engineering-based problem-solving
- Iterative design
- Problem solving
- Scope and scale
- Time management
- LEGO Simple and Powered Machines
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
- or iPad
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- LEGO Simple and Powered machine
- Mechanical Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Industrial Designer
- Product Designer
- Construction Project Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Theme Park Designer
- Special Effects Technician or Engineer
- Basic engineering skills, including how motors work using Simple and Power Machines.
- Problem-solving skills while working on progressively more difficult challenges.
- Teamwork skills by collaborating with small groups of peers to construct intricate and impressive designs.
- Critical thinking by planning and executing creative solutions to design challenges.
- Construction skills while building complex Star Wars ships and machines.
- Hands-on experience using the LEGO Engineering Kit to explore and experiment with engineering concepts.
- Creativity by designing and constructing unique and innovative machines and vehicles.
- Innovation by using new concepts to improve on previous designs and solutions.
- A love of learning by engaging with exciting and fun projects.
- An appreciation for the intersection of technology and pop culture, particularly the exciting and imaginative world of Star Wars.
- You’ll be able to construct your very own LEGO Space Ships, machines, and vehicles, while also learning about the power of motors!
- Working in small teams, you’ll be able to collaborate and share ideas to build the coolest Star Wars ships imaginable!
- You’ll learn basic engineering skills while having fun – without even realizing you’re learning!
- The challenges you’ll face will be increasingly difficult, but you’ll have the skills and support to overcome them!
- The LEGO Engineering Kit you’ll be working with will spark your creativity and imagination, while also teaching you how to think like an engineer!
- You’ll become an expert in building intricate and impressive designs that will amaze your family and friends!
- This isn’t just any summer camp – it’s an educational experience that will help you develop problem-solving, critical thinking, and teamwork skills that will be helpful in all aspects of your life!
- You’ll be a part of a unique and exciting program that combines Star Wars and engineering – the best of both worlds!
- You’ll be able to immerse yourself in the Star Wars universe while building your own ships and machines!
- And the super cool thing about this camp? You’ll make memories and friendships that will last a lifetime!
Q: What is Lego Engineering featuring Star Wars?
A: Lego Engineering featuring Star Wars is a summer camp program from Fleming Tech Camps that combines the excitement of building Star Wars ships and machines with the opportunity to learn basic engineering skills using the LEGO Engineering Kit.
Q: What will my child learn at Lego Engineering featuring Star Wars?
A: Your child will learn basic engineering skills, including how motors work using Simple and Power Machines. They will also work on progressively more difficult challenges to increase their engineering skills, and in small teams, build their own Star Wars ships. Through this hands-on experience, campers will develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork skills while fostering creativity and innovation.
Q: What age group is this camp for?
A: The camp is open to kids entering 2nd to 4th grades.
Q: Do I need to provide my own LEGO Engineering Kit?
A: No, the LEGO Engineering Kit will be provided for use during the camp.
Q: Is this camp offered online and in person?
A: No. Because we provide the Lego kits, this camp will only be held in person.
Q: How can I register my child for Lego Engineering featuring Star Wars?
A: Registration can be done through the Fleming Tech Camps website.