Minecraft Adventures 4 Kids
Are you ready to take your Minecraft skills to the next level? This program focuses on building adventures and teaches participants about interactive world building as well as game design. This fun and engaging Minecraft program will spark interests in STEM, foster creativity and help participants use Minecraft as an exciting learning tool. No prior experience with Minecraft necessary. All skill levels welcome. This offering can be taken multiple times, each session is unique.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Understand what goes into building in Minecraft
- Learn how to brainstorm what is fun and possible
- Identify and set goals for construction
- Identify healthy communication & cooperation
- Know what it takes to work in a collaborative setting
- Understand how to discuss and explain solutions
Projects and Activities
- Design a Minecraft adventure
- Construct 3D game levels and adventure maps
- Create your own unique builds in creative mode
- Review and refine projects with feedback
- Working on cool projects
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
- or iPad
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Minecraft Education Edition
More Information About This Camp
Topics and Skills Covered
- 3D Design
- Building design
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Critical Thinking
- Level design
- Problem solving
- Scope and scale
- Style, design and aesthetic principles in building
- Time management
Cool & Funny Things
Top 10 Reasons Why Minecraft Adventures 4 Kids is the Best Summer Camp Ever!
- Building a castle in Minecraft is way cooler than building a sandcastle at the beach.
- Learning how to build and create with others in Minecraft is way more fun and satisfying than going solo!
- Using the Minecraft Education Edition is like having a teacher in the game.
- Learning problem-solving skills while playing Minecraft is like solving a mystery in a detective game.
- Making friends with other Minecraft enthusiasts is like having a built-in Minecraft squad.
- Learning about digital citizenship is like learning how to be a superhero in the digital world.
- Building and creating in Minecraft is like having your own virtual playground.
- Learning from experienced instructors who love Minecraft is like having your own personal Minecraft mentor.
- Playing Minecraft all day, every day is like living in a dream come true.
- And the number one reason why Minecraft Adventures 4 Kids is the best summer camp ever, is that you will be building and creating in a virtual world, but you will be learning real-life skills that will help you in your future career, making you a real-world builder and creator!
Careers That Relate to This Camp
- Construction management
- Urban planning
- Game design
- Interior design
- Landscaping design
- Product design
- Industrial design
- Graphic design
- Project management
- IT Support
- Technical writing
- Business analyst
- Software developer
- Data analyst
- Digital media and marketing
- Education and teaching
- Public relations and communications