THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Join fellow Minecrafters as part of a team of builders in our unique Minecraft Missions. Work together to build large-scale construction challenges in our team-based collaborative environment. Minecraft will be the platform to help develop your leadership, social and problem-solving skills to accomplish unique, creator-driven mission challenges. Use your imagination to coordinate with a team to design and build a mega-scale Minecraft Missions project. Creativity, critical thinking and communication will be your keys to success! Previous experience with Minecraft is recommended, but not required. This offering can be taken multiple times, each session is unique.
- Explore the principles of creating dynamic multiplayer challenges
- Identify ways to implement different methods and techniques of project-based building
- Learn to develop a fully realized build challenge as part of a team
- Working on sophisticated design problems for large-scale structures
- Understand the importance of communication while working as a member of a team
- Build a large scale group project
- Create roles and responsibilities as a team
- Develop & design a collaborative project
- Share & review creations using constructive feedback techniques
- Use feedback to enhance and further designs
- 3D design
- Building design
- Collaboration and communication
- Complex builds/designs
- Constructive feedback
- Critical thinking
- Environmental storytelling
- Goal-based activity planning
- Iterative design
- Large-scale build projects
- Large-team cooperation & coordination
- Minecraft construction
- Minecraft design
- Minecraft game and level design
- Problem solving
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
- or iPad
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Minecraft Education Edition
- Architecture and urban planning
- Construction and building management
- Design and project management
- Event planning and coordination
- Engineering and product development
- Interior design and decoration
- Digital media and marketing
- Advertising and graphics design
- Film and video production
- Landscape architecture and environmental design
- Multiplayer game design and creation
- Project-based building and architecture
- Team collaboration and communication skills
- Design problem solving for large-scale structures
- Importance of planning and organization
- Time management and project planning
- Understanding and implementation of different building techniques
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking
- Digital literacy and computer programming skills
- Understanding and appreciation of the creative process and teamwork
- Get to use your imagination to build amazing things
- Play and learn with other kids who love Minecraft
- Work with experts who know all about Minecraft
- Learn how to make cool builds and games for others to play
- Make new friends and have a blast doing it
- Show off your creations and see what others have built
- Discover new building techniques and shortcuts
- Get to be part of a team and learn how to work together
- Have fun while learning important skills
- And the coolest thing of all… get to spend your summer in the world of Minecraft!
Q. What is Minecraft Missions?
A. Minecraft Missions is a summer camp program offered by Fleming Tech Camps that teaches kids about Minecraft and how to create dynamic multiplayer challenges, build projects and develop their own build challenges as part of a team.
Q. Who can attend the camp?
A. The camp is open to kids entering 4th to 10th grade who are interested in Minecraft and want to learn more about the game and how to create their own builds and challenges.
Q. What is the age range for this camp?
A. The age range for this camp is entering 4th to 10th grade.
Q. Are the teachers experienced in Minecraft and teaching?
A. Yes, our teachers are subject matter experts in Minecraft and have experience teaching kids in a fun and engaging way.
Q. Where can I find more information about the camp and how to enroll?
A. For more information and to enroll, please visit FlemingCamps.com.