THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE CAMP EXPERIENCE
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be an engineer and use technology to solve real world problems? In this hands-on program you will work on experiments and build machines, pneumatic devices, and renewable energy applications. You and your team will be given real life issues to solve and you’ll need to use your engineering skills to find a solution for these problems. This program will feature exploring renewable energy through real-life models; investigating energy supply, transfer, accumulation, conversion and consumption; building and exploring pneumatics; investigating power systems and components; reading and measuring pressure; and exploring kinetic and potential energy. As the week goes on you will gain more engineering knowledge and be able to build more complex mechanisms and solutions. No prior experience is necessary! All skill levels are welcome.
- Learn to construct LEGO machines, pneumatic devices
- Learn engineering skill to solve real world problems
- Learn how motors work using LEGO Machines and Mechanisms
- Understand how to work on progressively more difficulty challenges to increase your engineering skills
- Learn collaboratively in a small team to solve more difficult problems as the week goes on
- In small teams, work to build machines, build and explore pneumatics
- Learn how power systems work, explore potential and kinetic energy
- Learn engineering skills with the LEGO Machines and Mechanisms set
- Problem solving
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Critical thinking
- Engineering-based problem-solving
- Iterative design
- Problem solving
- Scope and scale
- Time management
- LEGO Simple and Powered Machines
- LEGO Machines and Mechanisms
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- LEGO Machines & Mechanisms with Pneumatics
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Product Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Structural Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- HVAC Engineer
- How to construct complex machines and pneumatic devices using LEGO Machines and Mechanisms.
- How to understand and work with motors and power.
- How to solve real-world problems creatively and effectively.
- How to communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a small team.
- How to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
- How to develop progressively more difficult challenges to increase their engineering skills.
- How to apply engineering skills to real-world challenges.
- How to test and refine their designs to improve performance.
- How to work on projects with deadlines and objectives.
- How to have fun while learning and building with LEGOs.
- Building machines with LEGOs is even cooler than playing with them!
- You’ll learn to power your machines with motors, just like a real engineer!
- The more difficult the challenge, the cooler your engineering skills become.
- You’ll get to collaborate with a small team, so you can all be cool together!
- You’ll learn how to think creatively and come up with super cool solutions to real-world problems.
- You’ll be working with LEGOs all day, which is way cooler than doing homework!
- You’ll be able to show off your cool machine designs to your friends and family!
- You’ll get to work with pneumatic devices, which are super cool and futuristic.
- You’ll have so much fun building and creating, you won’t even realize you’re learning!
- The super cool thing about this camp is that you get to be an engineer and build super cool things with LEGOs!
Q: Who is this camp for?
A: This camp is for young engineers and problem-solvers who want to develop their engineering skills, solve real-world problems, and have fun building machines and structures with LEGOs.
Q: What will my child learn at this camp?
A: Your child will learn how to construct complex machines and pneumatic devices using LEGO Machines and Mechanisms, work with motors and power, and solve real-world problems creatively and effectively. They will also learn how to communicate effectively, work collaboratively in a small team, think outside the box, and come up with innovative solutions to engineering challenges.
Q: What age range is this camp suitable for?
A: This camp is suitable for children entering 4th to 10th grades.
Q: What are the hours of the camp?
A: The hours of the camp may vary depending on the specific camp location. Please check with Fleming Tech Camps for the specific hours of the camp.
Q: Do I need to purchase my own LEGOs?
A: No, all the necessary LEGOs and other materials will be provided by the camp.
Q: Is there any discounts available for this camp?
A: Yes, Fleming Tech Camps offers a discount for siblings or multiple weeks purchased in one transaction.
Q: How can I register my child for this camp?
A: You can register your child for this camp online at FlemingCamps.com or by contacting Fleming Tech Camps directly.