THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Have you ever wanted to learn how to create your own game levels and virtual worlds? Using Roblox, a gaming platform where participants can play and build game worlds, kids produce their own immersive experiences, called Obbys. In this program you will learn how to build 3D adventures, races, and obstacle courses. With Roblox as your game engine, your game is only limited by your imagination.
- Creating game worlds
- Introduction to 3D game design principles
- Introduction to developing obstacle courses
- Give feedback on other worlds to help creators
- Learn about immersive and interactive gaming environments
- Learn to design and test games
- Learn to use the Roblox Studio as a game design tool
- Build improved versions of maps based on game-tester feedback
- Build interactive game maps and Obbys using Roblox Studio
- Create several puzzles and adventure maps
- Test and provide feedback for game development
- 3D level design
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Environmental storytelling
- Game design principles
- Game testing
- Iterative design
- Puzzle design
- Problem solving
- Roblox developer studio
- Roblox level design
- Roblox Studio
- Roblox Studio tools
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Roblox Studio
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- User Interface (UI) Designer
- Product Manager
- Interaction Designer
- Web Developer
- App Developer
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Technical Artist
- How to create and design their own game worlds
- 3D game design principles
- How to develop obstacle courses
- How to give feedback on other worlds to help improve them
- The basics of immersive and interactive gaming environments
- Design and testing of games
- Using the Roblox Studio as a game design tool
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Communication skills
- Publishing their own games on the Roblox platform
Top 10 Things Kids will Love about Roblox 4 Kids Summer Camp!
- Learning how to create awesome game worlds that will blow your friends’ minds!
- Creating obstacle courses that will make even the bravest of players scream!
- Giving feedback to other game creators to help make their worlds even cooler!
- Learning about all the cool things you can do with the Roblox Studio
- Playing games that you helped design and test!
- Making new friends who love gaming as much as you do!
- Being able to publish your own game on the Roblox platform and show it off to the world!
- Learning how to work with others to make your game even better!
- Being able to call yourself a game developer and designer! (super cool!)
- And the number one thing that kids will love about Roblox 4 Kids summer camp is… getting to have a blast while learning new skills and making memories that will last a lifetime!
Q: What is the Roblox 4 Kids summer camp?
A: Roblox 4 Kids is a summer camp program offered by Fleming Tech Camps for kids who love gaming and want to learn more about creating and designing their own game worlds. Campers will learn about 3D game design, obstacle course development, giving feedback on other worlds and using the Roblox Studio as a game design tool.
Q: What age range is the camp for?
A: The camp is intended for kids entering 2nd to 4th grade.
Q: What are the learning objectives of the camp?
A: The camp’s learning objectives include creating game worlds, introduction to 3D game design principles, introduction to developing obstacle courses, giving feedback on other worlds to help creators, learning about immersive and interactive gaming environments, learning to design and test games, and learning to use the Roblox Studio as a game design tool.
Q: Is there any supervision during lunch time?
A: Yes, campers will be supervised during lunch time by our staff.
Q: Where can I find more information about the camp and registration?
A: You can find more information and register for the camp on our website at FlemingCamps.com