Roblox 4 Kids
Have you ever wanted to learn how to create your own game levels and virtual worlds? Using Roblox, a gaming platform where participants can play and build game worlds, kids produce their own immersive experiences, called Obbys. In this program you will learn how to build 3D adventures, races, and obstacle courses. With Roblox as your game engine, your game is only limited by your imagination.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Creating game worlds
- Introduction to 3D game design principles
- Introduction to developing obstacle courses
- Give feedback on other worlds to help creators
- Learn about immersive and interactive gaming environments
- Learn to design and test games
- Learn to use the Roblox Studio as a game design tool
Projects and Activities
- Build improved versions of maps based on game-tester feedback
- Build interactive game maps and Obbys using Roblox Studio
- Create several puzzles and adventure maps
- Test and provide feedback for game development
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Roblox Studio
More Information About This Camp
Topics and Skills Covered
- 3D level design
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Environmental storytelling
- Game design principles
- Game testing
- Iterative design
- Puzzle design
- Problem solving
- Roblox developer studio
- Roblox level design
- Roblox Studio
- Roblox Studio tools
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Cool & Funny Things
Top 10 Things Kids will Love about Roblox 4 Kids Summer Camp!
- Learning how to create awesome game worlds that will blow your friends’ minds!
- Creating obstacle courses that will make even the bravest of players scream!
- Giving feedback to other game creators to help make their worlds even cooler!
- Learning about all the cool things you can do with the Roblox Studio
- Playing games that you helped design and test!
- Making new friends who love gaming as much as you do!
- Being able to publish your own game on the Roblox platform and show it off to the world!
- Learning how to work with others to make your game even better!
- Being able to call yourself a game developer and designer! (super cool!)
- And the number one thing that kids will love about Roblox 4 Kids summer camp is… getting to have a blast while learning new skills and making memories that will last a lifetime!
Careers That Relate to This Camp
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- User Interface (UI) Designer
- Product Manager
- Interaction Designer
- Web Developer
- App Developer
- Virtual and Augmented Reality Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Technical Artist