THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
This program is designed for participants who want to learn how to create their own game levels using Roblox, a gaming platform where participants can play and build game worlds. Produce your own immersive experiences, obbys, and platformer-style games. With Roblox as your engine, your game is only limited by your imagination. During the program, you will learn how to build 3D adventures, races, and obstacle courses.
- Learn to build interactive game maps and obbys using Roblox Studio
- Understand how to build multiple game experiences with at least two game genres
- Learn to create immersive and interactive gaming environments
- Learn to create several puzzles and adventure maps
- Learn to use the Roblox game design tools
- Understand how to test and provide feedback for game development
- Understand how to build improved versions of maps based on game-tester feedback
- Develop & design several Roblox games
- Enhance and create iterations of more advanced versions of your games based on feedback
- Share & test games using constructive feedback techniques
- Use Roblox studio to create your Obbys, platform, & puzzle games
- 3D design
- 3D level design
- Adventure level design
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Environmental storytelling
- Game testing
- Introduction to 3D game design principles
- Iterative design
- Puzzle design
- Problem solving
- Roblox developer studio
- Roblox level design
- Roblox Studio
- Roblox Studio tools
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Roblox Studio
Software developer or programmer
User experience (UX) designer
User interface (UI) designer
Digital media designer
Web or graphic designer
Game developer or designer
Virtual or augmented reality developer
- How to use Roblox Studio to create interactive game maps and obstacle courses.
- Understanding of multiple game genres and how to create different game experiences.
- Knowledge of how to create immersive and interactive gaming environments.
- Skills in creating puzzles and adventure maps.
- Proficiency in using the Roblox game design tools.
- Ability to test and provide feedback for game development.
- Understanding of how to build improved versions of maps based on game-tester feedback.
- Essential game design skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of how to bring their game ideas to life.
- Improved creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Make your own gaming maps and obstacle courses that you can play with your friends!
- Learn cool game design skills that will impress your classmates.
- Unleash your creativity and bring your game ideas to life.
- Meet new friends who love gaming as much as you do.
- Get a chance to see your game design skills put to the test by your peers.
- Learn how to make your gaming environments immersive and interactive.
- Get hands-on experience with the latest Roblox game design tools.
- Improve your problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Have a blast while learning new skills!
- And the super cool reason to join this camp – You’ll be one step closer to becoming a game designer and creating the next big hit game!
Q: What is Roblox: Designing Obbys and Adventures Summer Camp?
A: Roblox: Designing Obbys and Adventures Summer Camp is a program offered by Fleming Tech Camps, where kids can learn how to design and create interactive game maps, obstacle courses, and adventures using Roblox Studio.
Q: Who is this camp for?
A: This camp is designed for kids who are interested in gaming and want to learn how to design and create their own games using Roblox Studio.
Q: What will I learn in this camp?
A: In this camp, you’ll learn how to use Roblox Studio to create interactive game maps, obstacle courses, and adventures. You’ll also learn about multiple game genres, how to create immersive and interactive gaming environments, and how to create puzzles and adventures. Additionally, you’ll learn how to use the Roblox game design tools, test and provide feedback for game development, and build improved versions of maps based on game-tester feedback.
Q: Do I need any previous experience?
A: No previous experience is required. The camp is designed for kids entering 4th to 10th grade of all skill levels.
Q: Are there any prerequisites to attend the camp?
A: No, there are no prerequisites to attend the camp.
Q: Can I take this camp if I live outside the area?
A: Yes, you can attend this camp even if you live outside of the range of in person campuses. Fleming Tech Camps offers online versions of all of our camps. Visit flemingtechcamps.com to view the schedule!
Q: What is the age range for this camp?
A: This camp, Roblox: Designing Obbys and Adventures, is for campers entering 4th to 10th grade. We also offer Roblox 4 Kids for campers entering 2nd to 4th grade.