Roblox: Designing Obbys and Adventures
This program is designed for participants who want to learn how to create their own game levels using Roblox, a gaming platform where participants can play and build game worlds. Produce your own immersive experiences, obbys, and platformer-style games. With Roblox as your engine, your game is only limited by your imagination. During the program, you will learn how to build 3D adventures, races, and obstacle courses.
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Learn to build interactive game maps and obbys using Roblox Studio
- Understand how to build multiple game experiences with at least two game genres
- Learn to create immersive and interactive gaming environments
- Learn to create several puzzles and adventure maps
- Learn to use the Roblox game design tools
- Understand how to test and provide feedback for game development
- Understand how to build improved versions of maps based on game-tester feedback
Projects and Activities
- Develop & design several Roblox games
- Enhance and create iterations of more advanced versions of your games based on feedback
- Share & test games using constructive feedback techniques
- Use Roblox studio to create your Obbys, platform, & puzzle games
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Roblox Studio
More Information About This Camp
Topics and Skills Covered
- 3D design
- 3D level design
- Adventure level design
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Environmental storytelling
- Game testing
- Introduction to 3D game design principles
- Iterative design
- Puzzle design
- Problem solving
- Roblox developer studio
- Roblox level design
- Roblox Studio
- Roblox Studio tools
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Cool & Funny Things
- Make your own gaming maps and obstacle courses that you can play with your friends!
- Learn cool game design skills that will impress your classmates.
- Unleash your creativity and bring your game ideas to life.
- Meet new friends who love gaming as much as you do.
- Get a chance to see your game design skills put to the test by your peers.
- Learn how to make your gaming environments immersive and interactive.
- Get hands-on experience with the latest Roblox game design tools.
- Improve your problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Have a blast while learning new skills!
- And the super cool reason to join this camp – You’ll be one step closer to becoming a game designer and creating the next big hit game!
Careers That Relate to This Camp
Software developer or programmer
User experience (UX) designer
User interface (UI) designer
Digital media designer
Web or graphic designer
Game developer or designer
Virtual or augmented reality developer