THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Do you have a curiosity about science, chemistry and physics? This program was created to teach participants about these exciting STEM topics using Minecraft as the laboratory to design, craft and test experiments through virtual simulations. In our physics lessons, participants will learn about the science of kinetic and potential energy, speed, acceleration, and gravity. Our chemistry lessons will teach participants about atoms, molecules and elements. The chemistry labs will explore the periodic table and create tests to see how the chemicals react – participants will create compounds using molecules and focus on “reactions” by creating things like sparklers, glowsticks, and floating balloons. In this program participants work toward building the ultimate scientific laboratory in our virtual campground to build and test scientific concepts through science-themed builds. No prior experience is necessary! All skill levels are welcome.
- Become familiar with chemistry with a focus on atoms, molecules and elements
- Understand physics with a focus on potential and kinetic energy, speed, acceleration and gravity
- Create Minecraft-based lab work focused on the periodic table and learn about chemical reactions
- Learn how Minecraft can be used to build with concepts like physics in mind
- Learn how Minecraft can be used to experiment with elements, explore the periodic table and create chemical reactions
- Create balloons, glowsticks, sparklers and other items using chemistry
- Design a large-scale science-themed park or megastructure and build it collaboratively
- Design and build a ride or structure that demonstrates learned physics concepts
- Designate tasks and roles as a team
- 3D design
- Building design
- Chemistry concepts such as molecules & reactions
- Collaboration and communication
- Complex builds/designs
- Constructive feedback
- Creative expression
- Critical thinking
- Exploration of digital possibilities
- Iterative design
- Large-scale build projects
- Level design
- Minecraft construction
- Minecraft design
- Physics concepts such as potential/kinetic energy
- Problem solving
- Scientific method
- Scope and scale
- Style, design and aesthetic principles
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
- or iPad
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Minecraft Education Edition
- Environmental Scientist
- Materials Scientist
- Aerospace Engineer
- The basics of chemistry, including atoms, molecules, and elements
- The periodic table and how different elements interact with one another
- The basics of physics, including potential and kinetic energy, speed, acceleration, and gravity
- How to build in Minecraft with concepts like physics in mind
- How to experiment with elements and explore the periodic table in Minecraft
- The concept of chemical reactions and how they work
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving through building and experimenting in Minecraft
- Creativity and imagination through building in Minecraft
- Understanding how science applies to the real world
- Having fun while learning about science!
Top 10 Reasons Why Science of Minecraft: Chemistry and Physics Summer Camp is the Coolest!
- Learn about science while playing Minecraft – how cool is that?!
- Experiment with elements and see how they react – boom!
- Build in Minecraft with physics in mind – wow!
- Get a head start on becoming a chemist or physicist – awesome!
- Impress your friends with your knowledge of the periodic table – neat!
- Use your creativity and imagination to build in Minecraft – amazing!
- Learn about chemical reactions – whoa!
- Develop your critical thinking skills – smart!
- Understand how science applies to the real world – useful!
- Have a blast playing Minecraft and learning about science – super cool!
Science of Minecraft: Chemistry and Physics Summer Camp FAQ
Q. What is Science of Minecraft: Chemistry and Physics Summer Camp?
A. Science of Minecraft: Chemistry and Physics Summer Camp is a summer program offered by Fleming Tech Camps that combines the fun of Minecraft with the education of science. In this program, kids will become familiar with the basics of chemistry and physics in a fun and interactive way.
Q. Who is this camp for?
A. This camp is for kids entering 4th to 10th grade who love Minecraft and want to learn about science in a fun and interactive way.
Q. What will kids learn in this camp?
A. In this camp, kids will learn about the basics of chemistry, including atoms, molecules, and elements. They will also learn about the periodic table and experiment with different elements to see how they react with one another. Additionally, they will understand the basics of physics, including potential and kinetic energy, speed, acceleration, and gravity. All of these concepts will be taught in a way that is easy to understand and relevant to their everyday life.
Q. How will kids learn about science in this camp?
A. Kids will learn about science in this camp by playing Minecraft and creating Minecraft-based lab work. They will also experiment with elements and explore the periodic table to gain a deeper understanding of chemical reactions and how they work.
Q. What skills will kids develop in this camp?
A. In this camp, kids will develop their critical thinking skills, creativity, and problem-solving skills. They will also gain a deeper understanding of science and how it applies to the real world.
Q. How can I sign up for this camp?
A. You can sign up for this camp on the Fleming Tech Camps website.
Q. What if I have more questions about this camp?
A. If you have more questions about this camp, please contact Fleming Tech Camps at firstname.lastname@example.org.