THIS IS AWESOME
AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Have you ever wanted to make your own website, but aren’t ready to dive into coding? Web Design 4 Kids is about learning how to design a super cool website without the learning curve of having to use code and programming. Participants will learn the basics of web design using WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) design tools; they will be provided fun activities on including graphics and videos as well. By the end of the program, participants will have designed a series of web pages that reflect their personal interests and hobbies. Participants should be comfortable using a keyboard and be able to read or follow on-screen instructions.
- Learn how to use Wix to create a cool website
- Learn basic editing
- Learn basic graphic design concepts
- Learning how to add content
- Learn how to research your favorite topic using Kid-Friendly search engines
- Add hyperlinks to a website
- Add style features such as personalized colors & fonts
- Create a website
- Embed features including images & videos
- Find and incorporate new information about a topic
- Review websites using constructive feedback
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Content development
- Critical thinking
- Introduction to graphic design
- Introduction to research methods
- Problem solving
- Solution design
- Scope and scale
- Time management
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
- or Chromebook
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera
- Web Designer
- Graphic Designer
- UI/UX Designer
- Web Developer
- Digital Marketer
- Content Creator
- Social Media Manager
- Web Content Manager
- SEO Specialist
- E-commerce Manager
- Web design using Wix
- Basic editing skills
- Graphic design concepts
- Content creation and management
- Research skills using kid-friendly search engines
- Digital creation and technology
- Typography and color theory
- Building a website from scratch
- Adding text and other elements to a website
- Understanding the process of creating and publishing a website
- Top 10 Reasons Why Web Design 4 Kids is the Coolest Summer Camp Ever!
- You get to build your own website from scratch!
- You get to learn about web design, graphic design, and editing!
- You get to research your favorite topics and add them to your website!
- You’ll get to use Wix, a website builder that makes it easy to create a website!
- You’ll learn how to make your website look amazing with color and typography!
- You’ll learn how to add text and other elements to your website!
- You’ll become a pro at creating and managing content!
- You’ll have fun while learning with hands-on experiences and knowledgeable instructors!
- You’ll have the chance to showcase your creativity and skills to the world!
- And the super cool part? You’ll have a website to show off to your friends and family!
Q: What is Web Design 4 Kids?
A: Web Design 4 Kids is a summer camp program from Fleming Tech Camps that focuses on teaching children about web design, digital creation, and the world of the internet.
Q: Who is this camp for?
A: Web Design 4 Kids is designed for children entering 2nd to 4th grade who are interested in learning about web design and digital creation. It is perfect for kids who love technology and want to explore their creativity.
Q: What will kids learn at this camp?
A: At Web Design 4 Kids, kids will learn how to use Wix to create their own website, basic editing skills, graphic design concepts, content creation, research skills using kid-friendly search engines, and much more!
Q: What is Wix?
A: Wix is a popular website builder that makes it easy for anyone to create a website. Kids will use Wix to create their own website at Web Design 4 Kids.
Q: What is included in the camp program?
A: Web Design 4 Kids includes hands-on learning experiences, knowledgeable instructors, and the opportunity for kids to build their own website using Wix. They will also learn about web design, editing, graphic design, content creation, and research skills.
Q: Is there any age requirement for the camp?
A: This camp is for entering 2nd to 4th graders.
Q: How can I sign up for the camp?
A: To sign up for Web Design 4 Kids, please visit FlemingCamps.com and follow the registration process.