Web Development & Graphic Design
Are you interested in technology, art, and design? Do you want to learn how to build a website and create unique graphics for it? If so, then Web Development & Graphic Design summer camp program from Fleming Tech Camps is perfect for you! This exciting program is designed to teach you the skills you need to build your own website and create stunning graphics to enhance it. You will learn the ins and outs of web development, including how to add new pages, edit content, test, and publish your website. You will also be introduced to the WIX IDE, a powerful platform for website development that will help you create professional-looking web pages with ease. In addition to web development, you will also learn about graphic design. You will be able to create unique graphics based on your own designs and learn to embed them into WIX-based web pages. You will also learn how to add videos and links to your web pages to make them more interactive and engaging. One of the key learning objectives of this program is to teach you the basics of HTML and how to edit basic code. This is an essential skill for any aspiring web developer and will give you a solid foundation for further study in this field. You will also learn how to build websites with columns and tables, which are essential for creating a professional-looking website. Overall, Web Development & Graphic Design summer camp program from Fleming Tech Camps is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills, meet like-minded individuals, and have fun while doing it. Whether you are a beginner or have some experience in web development and graphic design, this program is suitable for anyone who wants to learn more about these exciting fields. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today and take the first step towards your future in technology and design!
Goals and Learning Objectives
- Be able to create unique graphics based on your own designs
- Focus on adding new pages, edit content, testing and publishing the website
- Learn the WIX IDE
- Learn to embed graphics, videos and links into WIX-based webpages
- Learning about HTML and how to edit basic code
- Learn how to build websites with columns and tables
Projects and Activities
- Lay out and enhance your website using graphics and videos
- Research your topic to expand categories and acquire assets
- Select a topic and brainstorm content for a website
- Share & review websites using constructive feedback techniques
Cool & Funny Things
- Top 10 reasons why kids will love Fleming Tech Camps’ Web Development & Graphic Design summer camp program:
- You get to learn about web development and graphic design, which is like being a superhero of the internet!
- You’ll be able to make your own cool web pages and graphics that your friends and family will be impressed with!
- You’ll learn how to add videos, links, and other cool stuff to your web pages to make them more fun and interactive!
- You’ll get to work with other awesome kids who share your passion for technology and design!
- You’ll learn how to use HTML and code editing, which is like having a secret code that only smart people can read!
- You’ll get to use the WIX IDE, which is like having a magic wand that makes cool web pages appear!
- You’ll learn how to build websites with columns and tables, which is like building your own treehouse on the internet!
- You’ll get to be creative and make your own unique designs and concepts that nobody else has ever seen before!
- You’ll have fun while learning new skills and making new friends, which is like going to a summer camp and a technology and design school at the same time!
- And the #1 reason why kids will love Fleming Tech Camps’ Web Development & Graphic Design summer camp program: You’ll become a tech and design superstar and be super cool, like a superhero with a cape and a cool gadget that nobody else has!
More Information About This Camp
Topics and Skills Covered
- Collaboration and communication
- Constructive feedback
- Content development
- Create new graphics
- Create tables and columns
- Critical thinking
- Editing graphics
- Embed links, graphics and videos into webpages
- Introduction to basic HTML
- Introduction to graphic design
- Introduction to research methods
- Planning and creating a website
- Problem solving
- Solution design
- Scope and scale
- Time management
- WYSIWYG webpage design using WIX
A few potential jobs that kids might be interested in pursuing based on the skills they learn in Web Development & Graphic Design summer camp program:
- Web developer
- Web designer
- Graphic designer
- User experience (UX) designer
- Front-end developer
- Digital marketing specialist
- Content creator
- Social media specialist
- Visual artist
- UI (user interface) designer
Primary Computer Device:
- Windows 8, 10 or 11
- or Mac OS
Additional Tech Used:
- Web Camera